PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

October 10, 2012

Hitting Reset

So this past week the stomach flu has been wreaking havoc on our household.  We have all had it.  Ben had it by far the worst and is still kind of dealing with it.  Penny showed symptoms but never got it full out.  Needless to say with two sick toddlers and a sick mommy and daddy our daily routine fell by the wayside, it has only been gone for a few days, but I am ready to get it back.

I have always known I was a creature of habit and I love a schedule.  I have had the babies on a schedule since I brought them home, because that's just how you cope with twins, but I would have done it with only one anyway.  I think that children thrive on a schedule.  They like knowing what's next and what to expect.  They know after bath and maybe some Elmo and a book, it's bed time.  When I say Night Night Time, they walk to the nursery door and I put them in bed and turn on their cd and I don't hear a peep till 730 in the morning.  It is paradise.

Of course we are off schedule now due to the illness.  We are sleeping whenever they feel like it, eating whenever they feel like it, whatever they feel like it.  The house is a mess, the only laundry that has gotten done is the bedding and other things that needed to be washed due to illness.

Everyone is starting to feel better, I'm definitely better and the babies are feeling better, so tomorrow I am hitting the reset button.  I am getting back to normal.  I am going to get up and get back to our new routine.  My only hope is that the babies are on board too....  Well here goes trying anyway.



Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I love the cartoon...so true!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all feeling 100% now, Mary! Here's hoping the babies are on board and back to schedule. We schedule here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everyone is feeling better! Love the ecard! It is so true. Why do moms have to catch it last, ya know after the babies are feeling better and want are FULL attention?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the worst when you don't feel well and you have to take care of babies. Hardest thing ever!
    Glad you are all doing better

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all are starting to feel better! Hope you get back to your normal routine soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're all feeling better. I normally worry when we get off schedule that we'll have a hard time getting back to it, but often find Kale just as eager as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy you your bedtime routine. I need to train my daughter that way. I hope you are all feeling much better! Thanks for linking up to {Im}Perfect Sundays @ Violet Imperfection!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...