PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

August 30, 2012

Finding Contentment

One of the things I struggle with as a mother is finding contentment in the current moment.  It is something I have struggled with my whole life.  I am always working for the next step, getting ready for what's next.  So it is only natural that I am a mother to do that.  I find myself saying, I can't wait until they walk.  I can't wait until they talk.  I can't wait until whatever it is that I am excited for.

For the first time it is really sinking in how fast it is all going.  I mean at their birthday got to me with the first year being over, but now they are walking all over the place.  They are really starting to look like little toddlers.  Those baby features are disappearing day by day.  I do love this stage.  I get to watch them figure out something new everyday, but the baby things are going away day by day.  That's the trade off you get.

So my goal right now is for contentment.  I need to enjoy my babies in the stage they are in.  Take in and enjoy every cuddle and moment because they are fleeting.  The mama and dada will soon turn into sentences.  I as much as I will love the conversations we will have, I will never again hear the sweet whispers that I hear right now.

So right now I am working on finding that contentment and enjoying more moments with them.  These moments don't last and they change everyday.

S

Soon you'll have winking toddlers to make you appreciate those new born coos! :)



Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9 comments:

  1. Adorable photo. Great post as well, it's very true I found my self wishing away the weeks this pregnancy, and need to slow down and cherish my time with only 1 baby in the house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, being content in the moment is so important! I've been posting about this lately too. I'm such a planner I tend to always be thinking of the future and forget to enjoy the here and now, like rocking my baby to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new layout. It's so cute!

    Finding contentment is so important. Great post and I love that last picture...precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I think that's something we all need to try to do more!

    Btw, I love the new layout. Soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reminder! Living in the moment, it's always so much harder than how it sounds.
    What a darling picture of your little girl... winking already? They learn so fast, its incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a great post! I do the same thing, I am always saying I can't wait till this is over or until I get done with this class, but I really need to start finding ways to enjoy going to school and be happy with what I am doing right now! Your blog is adorable!
    toriandalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She winks? So cute! And it's true, this is such a fleeting time, I so often find myself just savouring the moment. I love your new look, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

    Aw! She's SO cute!!!

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that winking cutie! Your blog looks aMAZing, Mary. This upgrade is a complete "wow". I think you'll find your little piece of netspace grows and grows not only b/c of the great new look (Who designed it?) but also b/c of your great content, of course. Hoping you find contentment in the everyday and visit back again soon. Take care, Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...