PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

July 2, 2012

Grocery store outing... whew!

I tell ya, some mothers of multiples make going to the store look easy.... It's not! Right now Ben and Penny aren't walking, and we live in a apartment where the parking is not right by my door. So just loading and unloading them is quite a fiasco that either involves me carrying to 25 lbs babies at once or putting up and taking down a double stroller twice. Add groceries into this and man... I'm sweating afterwards... even if it's not 100 degrees outside.

Penny all ready to go!

Taking young twins to the grocery store can be daunting.  My favorite places to go have carts that sit two right up from.  That's a life saver!  I do have a few other tips though.  Bring snacks!  This can win you a little time when they start getting cranky.  Also have a plan.  Make a list and know where you are going.  It is a mission.  Finish fast before the cranky starts.  No matter how long the trip is the check out lane is always bad for me.  Ben cries when the cart stops moving, I would love advice on that!  I hate being the lady in the check out lane with the crying baby.  Usually they look back and see I am dealing with two and I get some sympathy points.  (One of the good things about twins!)


Waiting for the check out crankies... not too bad this time.
Snacks... wins every time!

Getting out and about is a necessity, and I think it is good for the babies to get out and see the world around them, but having babies can make it difficult!  Just plan ahead.  I have always been a planner, having twins just solidified it in me.  It is getting easier though... now just to unload babies and groceries... I'll be sweating again!

14 comments:

  1. I also love the shopping carts with room for two in the front! Lowes has the best shopping carts: room for two in the front of a car! So the still get to pretend to drive but they are up top where you can see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let my daughter have one of her favorite treats, Yogurt drops, only when we're shopping. I start her off with a toy, move onto a book, then move onto the yogurt treats... Hopefully I'm done shopping by then lol! Must be double the trouble with twins. I always wonder how parents do it with twins or 2 very young ones when most places don't have 2 seats in the front. The only place I've seen with that is Costco, and I know when we have our second baby soon, my daughter is going to run off if she can't ride in that seat. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS They are so adorable, I love their coordinating outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! I hate grocery shopping with just one (and it has nothing to do with the baby, I just hate grocery shopping!)

    I'm thankful that we live within walking distance of our store, and Kayleigh seems much more content in her stroller, so I just buy what will fit in the stroller basket. It works for us :)

    But I'm totally impressed by you, Momma! That's a lot of work!

    ♥ Bethany
    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm a new follower via the Monday Mingle Blog hop..I don't know how you do it with twins..I'm exhausted with a 3 and 1 year old!
    Please follow back at www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, cute. I found you via Crazy Mama's blog hop. I have linked in a Janet Evanovich quote I am very fond of.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures! They are so adorable.

    You should feel awesome that you are learning so much and doing what needs to be done with kids in tow. I know a lot of parents that would avoid taking the kids to the store altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures are making my heart melt! So happy the outing went well, your one brave mama!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cuties! I can relate. My boys aren't twins but 15 months apart, and it's chaos taking them together by myself! I would love to have carts like that! Thanks for stopping by and following. I will gladly follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linking over from Multiples & More. :)

    Our girls are 3 1/2, and until just recently (and even occasionally still now) I push our girls in their stroller and pull the cart behind me. I know that doesn't help with the logistics of to and from the parking lot, but our girls are so used to their stroller, as long as I go when they're not hungry or sleepy, things go relatively smoothly.

    I agree it's so important to have a list and be prepared. There are times when our girls (especially as they got a little older than your two) were happy to look at things...they used to love to go down the pet food aisle and see all the puppy and kitty pictures, and they loved going by the card section for the same reason), but most times I'm "in the zone" and on a mission when I shop! ;)

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One more note...at times I used to put one baby in the cart and wear the other in a sling. They liked being able to look at each other that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I consider myself a pretty brave twin mama, but I still haven't attempted a full grocery shopping adventure. It's just faster and easier if one of us (my husband 99% of the time) does it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The grocery store is an adventure with just one child, and I can see it is a serious mission with two! You're doing a great job! I don't think I would venture out much, especially to the store -- my son hate grocery shopping with me, but I remember the days when he would sit nicely in the cart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...